Friday, April 24, 2020

NELLU Katta


from the field when it is to be collected - ladies used to have many songs. The field in Vellad when they work, I was a pet and one subject for them.
Though I didn't get head and tail of it.

But when I was in Tagore Vidya nikethan when Bhatathiripad, social teacher spoke of the poem
ariyar nattil pirannoramma.... 
kolathu nadu kinavu kandu..
e kolathu nadumenikku venam...

this was what gave a clue that these ladies make stories..
I when have to pay the Coole (wage) for the ladies had the chance to count the number and for 11 one was the ratio of cooler to be paid .
I had a tough day when I did this for a large number of workers and counting and giving the huge heap of rice bunch (Katta) in the  Kalam was still giving back pain for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment